Happy Friday everyone!! I know I have been MIA for a while but I wanted to share my New Years Resolutions with you guys. I plan on being more present on this blog in the new year and I also have some other really awesome goals for the year that I thought it would be fun to share, so let’s go!
Every year I choose a word to live by for those 365 days. Last year it was present. I wanted to be present and live more in each moment. I didn’t take as many pictures of life’s big events last year because I tried to not have my phone in hand all of the time. At first I was sad that I missed photo ops but then I realized that instead of focusing on those pictures and living through them, I was present in the moment and enjoying the experience right then and there. So with that being said, this year I decided to choose the word: Intentional.
By definition, intentional means “done with intention, or on purpose; intended.” I really want to focus on my goals and dreams this coming year and I think the best was to do that is to be intentional. When I being purposeful with my time and energy, I allow myself to succeed in the areas that are most important to me.
Here are the key areas I want to focus on in 2019 and some of the steps I need to take to make these goals and dreams a reality. I have a more step by step and in-depth guide for myself but I just wanted to share the basics with you today:)
Health and Wellness
- Hit goal weight of 120 lbs
- Drink half my weight in water
- Follow the 85/15 rule
- Supplements-vitamins, Energize, Shakeology, collagen, Greens Boost etc.
- Get thyroid levels normal
- See an endocrinologist
- Take meds EVERY day
- Exercise 5 times a week
- Plan my workouts each Sunday so I can be prepared for the week
- Set up garage to be functional for working out
- Join or run challenge groups to help hold me accountable
- Bedtime at 9:00pm
- Stick to a day time schedule and limit screen time
- Create a bedtime routine so my body recognizes that it is getting close to bedtime-see attached routine
- Wakeup 5:00am and have a morning routine
- Move phone across the room to help get me out of bed
- Have workout clothes ready and weights set out and ready
- See attached morning routine
- Meal planning and grocery shopping on Saturdays
- Sign up for the e-meals subscription to help me plan healthy and nutritious meals
- Pay off camper
- Create payment schedule and stick to it
- Don’t touch savings account (except for emergencies)
- Take the family on a vacation (this year or next year?)
- Budget monthly
- Use Quicken to help estimate monthly expenses and see where we can trim spending
- Keep track of expenses in Quicken ALL YEAR so we can see our spending habits and better plan next year
- Set up savings account for Christmas
- This is always were we rack up debt at the end of the year so by setting a little money aside monthly, we will have enough at Christmas and won’t have to use a credit card or savings
- Host craft/sign parties to bring in extra income
- Work my Beachbody business for extra income
- Create a daily routine for the kiddos and stick with it
- See attached daily routine
- Less screen time for EVERYONE
- If kids are up, phones need to be put away
- Outside play daily (if weather permits)
- Monthly date nights with Drew
- Schedule at the beginning of the month
- More one on one dates with the kiddos (maybe rotate every month)
- Daily worship with the kiddos
- Bible stories
- Bible in a year on Bible App
- Invite a few friends to do it with me to hold us all accountable
- Bible study/First 5 every morning
- Daily prayer time
- Start attending church every Sunday
- Get baptized!
- Regular blog posts 3 times a week
- Write them and schedule them in advance so I’m always ahead and never behind
- Develop better photography skills for blog
- Make setting aside time to learn this a priority!!!!
- Start my Beachbody business and bring in an income!!!
- Hustle hard
- Don’t let fear guide me: “Fear, he is a liar.
He will take your breath
Stop you in your steps
Fear he is a liar
He will rob your rest
Steal your happiness
Cast your fear in the fire
‘Cause fear he is a liar” – Zach Williams
- Create a greater presence on social media
- Read daily
- Focus on self confidence through my physical appearance, my faith, and in going outside of my comfort zone….that’s how you grow!
- Take classes or learn a new skill that I’ve always wanted to learn
- Strengthen those friendships that I would like to grow
- Host more events at our house
- Game nights
- Movie nights
So there it is! That’s a lot to do in a year but I am ready for the challenge! I’d love to hear some of your New Year’s resolutions, so comment below!